Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blog wars!


I have received some e-mails and comments from other bloggers about me posting on their sites.  Apparently someone with a little too much time on his hands has been going around to different sites, making fake posts using my handle, and trying to get people angry at me.

That's the internet for you, I guess.

Anyway, here are the websites that I read and where I post most frequently: MGoBlog (read and post), The Wolverine (read), Genuinely Sarcastic (read and post only occasionally), and Midnight Maize (read and post only occasionally).

If you know anything about my posting habits, then you probably know that I stick to my guns.  I'm not afraid to tell you exactly what my opinion is, whether you like it or not.  So if your blog isn't listed above, then you're dealing with a handlejacker.  It's like MGoBlog's Haloscan days, except this handlejacker is way more pathetic.

Thanks for reading.  Go Blue!

5 comments:

  1. I think the old expression - "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." - applies here, albeit in a twisted sort of way. However, I can understand your irritation. It's the downside of the internet—it provides assholes and sociopaths with a level of exposure and notoreity they would never have had back in the pre-internet era. Back then, they would have had to satisfy themselves with being drunken idiots at the neighborhood tavern spouting off mindlessly about sports and everything else.

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are the worst. Seriously who would spend their free time doing that?

    Mejunglechop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnus, I dont know whats more ridiculous.

    That you dont have the JCB on your reading list or that somebody out there is doing this.

    Actually, I know the answer. It's the latter.

    I bump heads with you a lot, but jimminy christmas on a cracker, we're talking sports for the love of it. Keep your head up, I am sure the bloggers you are hearing from understand the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ jamie mac

    I wish I had more time to read other blogs. Between running this site and being on MGoBlog all the time (and living my life), there's not much more room for other reading.

    But if it makes you feel any better, I'll add the JCB to the blog list.

    Have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose you should feel proud. You've got enough sway in Michigan blog circles that people are jacking your handle.* Someone has posted as me in the last two MGoBlog liveblogs (I was at both games), and I'll admit it was both annoying and somewhat gratifying. I'll keep an eye out for hacks using your name.

    *inappropriate giggle

    ReplyDelete